Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners






David Hockney's photomontages are different from mine because his photos are professionally done and he has been doing this for years and we just started for the first time. On my photomontage I took the pictures outside and I took mostly took them of the tree that my subject Alina was underneath to make it look like it was covering her like a giant umbrella even though the tree didn't look that big in real life. Another reason why my photomontages are different from David Hockney's is because his photomontages show emotion but we just started so it doesn't really capture emotion. 

I think my photomontage can send a positive message by if you look at it you can tell that it's for hula and by that I dance hula. I'm not sure what kind of emotion it would bring other than confidence for me when I dance at the hula Hoike on stage with my other hula piers.


What I want my audience to see in my final is that it's like a commitment and something that is very meaningful to me personally. I think that it's pretty clear to see the image like what it supposed to be even though it's mixed up. The audience might see it as okay it's a photomontage of hula stuff or they might see it as a drum and bamboo sticks but they have a deeper meaning than just a couple of supplies for an activity it helps me do what I love even if I'm in doubt I can depend on perfecting it throughout practice with me knowing I can do it no matter what.



No comments:

Post a Comment